Thursday, April 18, 2013

THE MINUTAE ATE MY LIFE!

Over a month has gone by. I can scarcely believe it.  We started the process of putting our house on the market and that was it.  All manner of things boiled to the surface and my daily process of discipline, my reading and writing each morning, it was all gone in a matter of days.

I pride myself on my morning habits.  It has taken me years to build a daily spiritual discipline, and yet, in the stress of getting ready to list our home, poof!  There it went!

I'm sharing this with you because I know that this is true for so many of us.  We strive for a spiritual goal or a spiritual practice which will bring us peace in our daily lives, yet, right when we need it, it seems to evaporate.  Often there is a tendency to beat ourselves up when that happens, and that only makes things worse.

Gentleness is the key.  A soft returning to the practices one knows works.  One morning I awoke and again "noticed" the soft pink sky across the river, just before dawn.  It was a reminder to me to sit in my chair with my coffee instead of beginning a run for the day.  I sat, and lo and behold, there was my meditation book.  Why not read it?  The book reminded me to take a Breathe.
Ahhhhh.

In just a few moments I had returned to my practice.  I was thinking of how I could fit some yoga into my daily routine to help with my increased stress.  My body knew what it needed. I just hadn't been listening.  In a matter of a few minutes I had my life back.  All I needed to do was breathe in and breathe out.  Listen to that inner voice.  Be still!

Gentleness is the key.  Listening opens the door. Once again I have my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment